Thank you to Belle over at The Gift of Creation for nominating me! Go check out her blog–it’s very inspirational for writers, artists…people.
There are a few rules concerning this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them. (Thanks again Belle!).
2. Share seven things about yourself. (See below).
3. Pass it on to 15 other bloggers. (Yikes!).
Seven Things About Me
1. Besides my love of reading, writing, all things literary and creative, I love dogs. I’ve been dying to have a dog for years, after my parents decided it would be best to give away our two dogs, Frasier (the Golden Retriever) and Niles (the Yellow Lab) when I was in 8th grade. Ten years later, I’m still begging my parents for a dog every Christmas and birthday, but they refuse to spoil me. I now am just waiting until I move out on my own and can actually afford man’s best friend. Would love to get a Golden again, or a Bernese Mountain Dog, or both.
2. Loud sounds really bother me and they always have. I often hold my ears at movies, especially scary or action films, when I can sense things are going to randomly pop up, usually along with some kind of loud sound. When I was a kid, I’d freak out being outside for fireworks on the 4th of July. Instead, I’d be inside, watching from the window, haha. I am over that now though, and can actually enjoy all Independence day festivities, but still find my hands moving to cover my ears.
3. I am a proud lefty with some ambidextrous abilities. I hope that means I use both sides of my brain?
4. I recently discovered my love of ’80s music, despite being born at the tail end of the decade in 1989.
5. I’ve always been an anxious person, but last year my worrying became an actual anxiety issue, kind of out of nowhere. As time goes on, I’ve been doing much better, but I’ve also used that anxiety and uncertainty to fuel this blog.
6. I found out in junior year of high school that I had high cholesterol (it’s hereditary for me). I was also working at Panera Bread at the time, so that could have had something to do with it. But since the end of high school, I have been only eating junky/bad-but-so-good food one day a week–the free day. The rest of the time, I eat extremely healthy. Some admire my discipline, others think I’m crazy. But this method seems to work for me, because over the years, I’ve sustained weight loss and now my cholesterol ratios are perfect. So, I dig healthy living, and indulging occasionally.
7. I’m not a squeamish person, but the only thing that gets me is dead fish. Seeing a dead fish floating along upside down, all limp, or wrapped around the filter in a fish tank is not an indifferent experience for me. I guess I do get grossed out.
I don’t think I can come up with 15 blogs to pass this award onto right now, but here are six great bloggers who really deserve this: